- Date: Jun 7, 2021
- Time: 18:00-20:00 PM (Beijing time)
- Form: Zoom Online Meeting (Register here)
On 7 June 2021, in commemoration of World Environment Day 2021 themed with ‘Ecosystem Restoration’, COMSATS Centre for Climate and Sustainability (CCCS) in collaboration with the United Nations Environment Programme-International Ecosystem Management Partnership (UNEP-IEMP) will organize a virtual conference on “Ecosystem Restoration in the Global South” to celebrate the continuous efforts around developing regions in conserving and restoring ecosystems and spearheading post-COVID-19 recovery.
This virtual event will bring together key experts in the fields of ecosystem restoration, conservation and sustainable management from China, Pakistan, and several other developing countries to share good practices and lessons learnt of ecosystem research and management, as well as to explore partnership opportunities to further collaborate on the topics of ecosystem restoration.
The conference aims to achieve the following objectives:
- (1) To exchange experiences, lessons learned, and best practices to sustainably manage, restore and protect land, coastal, and marine ecosystems, and halt desertification, land degradation and biodiversity loss, together with other goals and targets to end poverty and hunger and to combat climate change
- (2) To enhance capacity and knowledge for addressing environmental and development challenges by protecting and managing ecosystems and supporting actions with multiple stakeholders at multiple levels
- (3) To explore potential collaboration opportunities and build partnership to further integrate ecosystem restoration and other ecosystem-based approaches into national and regional development agendas
To view the agenda of the conference, please click here.
To register the conference, please click here.